Totalitarian nutritional misconceptions - pressure cooking

I recently talked to my colleague about sports nutrition. I work in a place where 90% of the employees engage in regular sports activities: tennis, swimming, paddle tennis, running, fitness, go-karting, and more. We talk a lot about food.

Our latest subject was pressure cooking. In France, people are kind of lost when it comes to nutrition and have a complete misunderstanding of how life works in its complexity.

First of all, all of them, especially the fitness enthusiasts, were saying how pressure cooking destroys nutrients, how it is not good, and how it actually robs you of nutrients. This is despite the fact that all of them just heated up their plastic lunch boxes in the microwave oven. Quite controversial, I guess. Ignoring the benefits of pressure cooking is also a bit of a blank shot.

Pressure cooking can render the protective proteins of legumes and grains neutral and eliminate gas and digestive issues. This includes cereals like wheat, barley, or oat pearls, and beans, lentils, or peas. Soaking these for 24 to 48 hours, then cooking them for 60 minutes under pressure, is the perfect way to prepare them for easy digestion. It can also push heat and water into bones, making them soft and juicy so you can eat them like they were butter. I have an organic butcher nearby, so from time to time, I buy these delicious goat ribs and eat them, bones included.

Finally, these sorts of preparation methods—like pressure cooking, blending, slow-cooking, and juicing—are not our major food prep methods. I drink a giant smoothie about three times a week after hard or long workouts. I pressure cook maybe two to four times a month to prepare my beans or chickpeas. Most importantly, I don't eat out ever, I don't use seed oils, and I eat more raw fruits and veggies in a week than a family of four in a month. I train and move daily. I sleep quite well. I use essential oils. I breathe well. I take short, snappy cold showers. I avoid household and body chemicals. No toothpaste for me. I sunbathe. I play with my family for emotional poise. I create harmony. I adapt. I don't have any encrusted habits but am ready to change, listen, learn, and understand. I research extensively on how I can be a better human.

So, yes, pressure cooking is great. This is not how we eat 99% of the time. This is just a method of using an Inox Instant Pot that you can use to your advantage. That's it.

Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastery of Ultra Endurance

Post Ultra Trail Recovery - how long ?

Mental Ultra Endurance - it hurts